• When, Where, and How to Grow Somniferum Poppies (1 of 5)
•• #When to Germinate Seeds,
••• #Where best to Plant them to Protect Sprouts + Seedlings from Weather and Pests?
Pots, Rows, Flower Beds, etc?
• PART #1 (of 5) Video Series.
• TUTORIAL #1: https://organicalbotanicals.com/tutorial-how-to-grow-somniferum-poppies-part-1/ via Organical Botanicals
Poppies CAN be very easy to grow, and can also grow almost anywhere in the world, and require very little maintenance (once they get going). Generally speaking, growing poppies can be done almost anywhere.
• HOW to plant, simply cast seeds on top of loose, moist soil. No need to bury them – but you can gently press them into the ground, or toss a very thin layer of soil on top. You can mix your Seeds with Sand to Spread them as you cast them, but SALT works best, as it retains Moisture, prevents clumping, AND deters Slugs from eating sprouts.
• WHEN to plant will depend on which USDA Zone you are located in, but generally, seeds will sprout whenever Temps rise above Freezing (32, as Poppies prefer cool Temperatures during the Germination and Seedling stages. • Poppy Seeds can be planted in either FALL, early SPRING, or BOTH (depending on how Mild your Winters are. • Results of Planting in Fall will provide earlier, and much larger blooms the following Spring, whereas Planting in Spring will still result in a spectacular display of Blooms, but just in early Summer.
Seeds take roughly 2 weeks to Sprout. Alternatively, you can plant half your seeds in the Fall, and half in the Spring, but if you get a lot of snow in your area, they’ll die.
They prefer Temperatures to be between º33 and º65 Degrees (F) or º1-º18 Degrees (C) for germination. But can withstand warmer Temps when Mature. YES, they DO need LIGHT to Germinateand HATE Transplanting.
ACCEPTED PAYMENT OPTIONS: All Major Credit/Debit Cards, Paypal™, Amazon™, Money Orders, Most Cyrypto-Coins, and Zelle™ B2B/P2P Instant Mobile Bank Payments.
This Site complies with all GDPR Privacy Standards, as Described in our T.O.S. | Some Temp. Files (such as 'Cookies', etc) may be stored temporarily in your Cache- (for style & Functionality) which you can delete or block any time. | User Data is NEVER Shared or Sold. Dismiss